Saturday, March 28, 2020

Best Laid Plans of the Quarantined

So I’ve been at work on these plans, or wannabe blueprints if you will, for a prop build I’ve wanted to do for quite a while now. And when I say prop build, I ain’t talking about propellers, folks. I’m talking about props. Y’know? Like the kind in a movie?

I was inspired to design an ‘engine gun,’ or a gun that partly or at least aesthetically resembled an engine, like a V8 (engine), for example. Sigh. Aesthetically. Another word that gets thrown around way to much!! Note to self: do not use the word aesthetically anymore. Carrying on.

I got the inspiration for this from Peanut M&M’s, of all things. I was buying these little M&M’s canisters. I had accumulated a little stack of the cute squat, yellow tubs, and started thinking about what I could do with them. After playing around with them a bit, an idea for a gun with an engine motif came to me.

Steampunk, you say? Heh, heh. No. This is yet another of today’s terms that has reached terminal acceptance. In order to stand out, one must actually...stand out. And I’m also going to take the time to shoot down all car nuts, gear-heads, motor heads, and whatever else you call yourselves. Nothing against you dudes and dudettes, but if you think I’m actually building a working machine that looks like an engine, or a prop made of car parts etc, also heh-heh, no.

Don’t know how it’s going to be yet, just know that it will. Got a lot to do from here. More elements to add, things to scale up or down, color schemes and textures to decide on. I’m nowhere near done, but I wanted to share anyway, to keep my weekly blog posting...thing...going. So...thanks for listening to my demented rantings. Later.

Below is version current of said build, subject to change.

SLiM

Sorta looks like a flamethrower, at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment