Wednesday, March 27, 2019

From Old Fart to. . . .Goblin. . . .Somethings??!?

Growing up with such things as first edition Dungeons and Dragons heavily inspired me. Black ink drawings littered the pages of my Monster Manual. At nine years old, this was my current obsession. Illustrations by such renowned artists as David A. Trampier, Larry Elmore, Bill Willingham and Jeff Easley had such a big impact on me, as did the general subject of Dungeons and Dragons in 1983. Star Wars (Jedi) could just wait! I mean, there was a cartoon out, there were action figures, some of which I had already owned, and thanks to the efforts of my neighbor Kenny, an attempt to convince Mikey (another boy my age) how lame Kenny thought Strongheart was, I was now pouring over the pages of various D & D manuals and modules. 
I had bought them purely for the imagery contained therein. Sure, I would've liked to play, but I wasn't allowed to play with the big kids next door, and every time I'd buy a new module, I'd rush right over to show Kenny, who would always say something like "sure, it's cool and all, but I can't DM you if I don't have the rules that go with it."  Oh well. It got me where I am today.
This is a fun little project I've just started. Basically, I want to do my own black ink interior image, as sort of a salute those that came before me. I set up my Manfrotto tripod, attached my Sony Cybershot to it and viola! I now have three images of myself I can slip-sheet and turn into...goblins, orcs, human raiders, whatever I want to be:




HA HA HA HA HA!!!! I crack myself up!! This was fun. Now to drag 'em into Adobe Photoshop and play around with them!! By the way, geniuses thrive on clutter. And dirty laundry. :-P Here it is all duffed up, spiffy and dapper looking!!

I so want to say "and that...is why they pay me the big bucks," or something like that. But it's not that great. Anyway, when I print these out they'll turn out a trifle too small to create a decent illustration. Oh sure, I own an Artograph projector, but it's all boxed up since we may move soon. Guess Imma hafta run this'n here up to ye merry ol' library for some copies! I'll catch you cats and kittens later!!

^ . ^


SLiM



No comments:

Post a Comment